Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Farmer's Market and tonight's salad



There's a great Farmer's Market on the way home from work. They have all organic produce. Here's a sample of some of the items I got tonight- cabbage, cucumbers, pears, persimmon, avocado, paplano pepper, beefsteak tomatoes--delicious! It is from a local farm here in AZ called Pinnacle Gardens. This particular Farmer's Market will run until May and there is even another one on the 3rd Saturday of each month. Here it is reversed--the farmers markets stop in May before the triple digit summer temperatures.

Here's a picture also of tonight's meal--romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and a few pine nuts. I will cut the tomatoes in half and I don't even need any dressing.

Thank you for visiting my blog. I'm having so much with this and look forward to lots of nice pictures, recipes and hopefully some interesting experiences to share.

No comments: