Friday, June 11, 2010

Back at blogger--minimalist musings

I'm back here now. In an effort to reduce all unnecessary expenses I've taken down my website and canceled my web hosting. Lately I've been getting into minimalist living. I've been reading websites on minimalist living and many of them recommend digital book readers like the Kindle. I am not a digital book reader yet. I enjoy books. I believe I keep it minimalist by using the public library. Every week I take out several books for the week. I am a fast reader and I don't have a TV, so I have the time to read and and I enjoy it very much. Because I use the library I only have the books from week to week and this falls within my minimalist goals. I do have some of my own books that I have kept. They are mostly food and recipe related. I have about 10 of these. And I'm not against digital book readers--just don't have the funds to get into right now. If and when I do I will report about my experience here. I love technology too so I'm sure it won't be too long...

The idea of living with fewer things is calling my name. During the past year I've been letting go of things. Here are 10 things I NO longer have:

1) TV
2) Home Office furniture
3) Full Size Mattresses and bed frame
4) Toaster Oven
5) Old computer tower
6) Large computer monitor
7) Large laser printer
8) Bedroom furniture
9) China dishes
10) Wallet
I use a money clip for a few necessary cards and any cash

I still have a way to go. I will report here as I let go of more things in the next year.

No comments: