Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's been a great two weeks

It is Sunday night and my two-week vacation is over. The first week I spent in NY visiting family. It was so good to spend time with them. I did do hot yoga 2 times and made it through the class. It was ironic that there was a heat wave in NY when I was there--it actually reached 100 degrees! The yoga instructor had pity on us and turned off the heat just keeping the humidity which was enough! It was so fun to do this with my brother on the mat next to me in the class. He is my role model!

The second week I went to San Diego for Dr. Fuhrman's Health Getaway 2010. It was an amazing experience with delicious food, great people, extremely informative lectures by Dr. Fuhrman, author of "Eat to Live" and "Eat for Health". I highly recommend both of these books. The recipes are so good and Dr. Fuhrman's recommendations are based on science not fads! And what is amazing is that I am eating all that I want and am still losing weight! I lost 3 pounds at the getaway and now, home for a week I've dropped another pound. In the past I would starve myself and then eat what I call vegan junk food, you know all the processed stuff. Now I am eating whole foods and feel completely satisfied. I feel that I am doing all I can to give myself a healthy life. Now at 55 this is more important than ever! If you are younger I urge you to consider taking up this nutritional lifestyle, coined by Dr. Fuhrman, as nutritarian. Then when you are middle aged like me, you can feel good that you have done all you can to ward off the diseases we are seeing so prevalent today in our society.

No comments: